Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mid-Autumn Festival

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 ~ It marked 八月十五 on the Lunar Calendar, which is Mid-Autumn Festival & it has been years since I last celebrated as a kid.

Back then, I've never knew about its significance. The only thing I knew about was, "Yay... It's time to carry lanterns!" & visiting places where they held Mid-Autumn Festival. I don't quite remember how many times & places where I was brought to during this festive season, however, I do remember there were many others who love carrying lanterns as I do & having mooncakes, especially those mooncakes that shaped like piglets, which I still love having them during this festive. XD

Celebrating Mid-Festival when I was a kid


So, last year in 2010, with a sense of nostalgic & reminiscence, I decided to play with lanterns again. Didn't celebrate much, as I couldn't due to my grandma's passing, we're not allowed to celebrate such festive for a year, but only took pictures as a formality & greetings to all my friends & fans. :)

Still playing with lantern when I'm grown up. =P


Happy Mid-Autumn Festival 2010
Click to play this Smilebox greeting
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
A free ecard by Smilebox


Without fail, in 2011, it's Mid-Autumn once again. Playing with lanterns, hanging them up on tree & putting candles on it too. XD



Playing with my Bunny Lantern! XD

1 Comments:

At Friday, September 16, 2011 8:56:00 PM, Anonymous Keith said...

Careless kitty indeed. Fancy setting fire to your lantern. In future maybe you could get some of those butterflies to carry small fire extinguishers so they can help you out in case of trouble? Just an idea. They seem attracted to you, so I figure you might as well make them useful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home