Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DownTown

Saturday, 12th Mar, 2011 ~ A friend had 4 free cinema tixs & so we went to watch Rango @The Cathay. Upon arriving, saw an inter-school lion dance competition going on. Took the opportunity to snap a few pics with their displays.

The Lion & The Dragon


After collecting the tixs & since we had lots of time to kill, we headed to the nearby Fort Canning Park for some nature photography. Passed by YMCA & took a series of pics with their signage.

YMCA


The day was cloudy & it got dimmer when we arrived at the outskirts of the park. Not a good day for photography & my friends noticed dark clouds approaching. Checked with an iPad & confirmed that rain is indeed coming our way. Took a few hurried shots & got out of there as there are few shelters around.

@Fort Canning Park


Next to the Dhoby Ghaut MRT station, near a busy traffic junction is a tiny patch of greenery planted with beds of pretty flowers. We might as well do some photography here while we wait for the sky to clear & if it rain, there are plenty of shelters nearby.

City Greenery Beauty


No lack of subjects in that little patch of greenery. You just have to be patient & observant. Mother Nature is everywhere.

Insects Abound

Beetle & Butterfly

Nature Macro Photography


Naturally, I am also a child of nature. =P

Obviously Natural


While my friends were indulging in some serious photography, I was playing with my new iPhone 4. When I was contemplating to buy the iPhone 4, people told me that its camera has no macro function. Glad that I didn't listen to them. It got a zoom function which I knew can be used for macro photography. That day was as good as any to give it a test run & the results turned out surprisingly well, considering it's just a cellphone camera. The iPhone 4 can capture decent video too. I know there are cellphones with better camera, but that's not the point. I didn't buy the phone for its camera. Just wanna push the boundary & see what I could do with an iPhone 4. The composited pic below is of me using a iPhone 4 to take pic of a Plain Tiger butterfly & the result is on the right. Pretty cool huh? =D

Macro Photography with iPhone 4


Below are a few more examples of macro photography taken by me with my iPhone 4. I love my iPhone! xD

Insects Photography with iPhone 4

Flora Photography with iPhone 4


We ended up spending a few hours enjoying nature photography at that tiny garden, amid busy city traffic & noise. Many people passing by were giving us weird or puzzled looks. I know many iPhone owners used its camera for either self-shot or snapshots of their friends, mostly boring stuffs. Hamster me will be chasing insects or doing nature photography with my iPhone. LOL! xD

Anyway, we watched Rango & the movie is quite hilarious. OMG, that Johnny Depp with his signature screams! LOL! =P

Rango & Hamster

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Thursday, March 17, 2011 2:18:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

as always a butterfly
... Small and beautiful
... in the middle
of other butterflies!

Loveling!!!

Uno :)

 
At Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:09:00 PM, Anonymous Keith said...

Now announcing… the iBok! Unconventional and stylish, this multifunction beauty comes in a default minimalistic sleek black with silver trim, guaranteed to draw admiring glances. With built-in nature sensor and top-notch photo-snapping ability, it will capture images of birds, bugs and flowers to be proud of. Not only that, it can upload them for everyone to see! Also gives information on the latest movies and local events. But that's not all. Compact and adaptable, its unique FlexiHamster™ design permits a wide range of display configurations, making it quite the work of art in its own right. Multiple cover stylings are available, and the playful iBok even includes hidden sockets for attachable novelty kitten ears and tail! So it's good news all the way, except for just one thing. Only available in Singapore - sorry!

 
At Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:33:00 PM, Blogger Nikita Hengbok said...

Thank you guys for your kind compliments.

And Keith, that's quite a unique way to describe me. Didn't know I am a gadget. LOL.

 
At Friday, March 25, 2011 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous dw said...

Hi, you are so beautiful! I wish you the best in your life adventures you look like you enjoy the world around you, that's cool. (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home