Monday, December 20, 2010

Pre-X'mas Dinner @The French Stall

Sunday, 19th Dec 2010 ~ It's been some time since I'd eaten at The French Stall. The last time was at their MacPherson branch opening ceremony. When Nath mentioned wanting to have a pre-X'mas dinner with us, a few close friends, my guy suggested The French Stall. And since we have not been to their main branch at Serangoon Road, we picked that venue for our dinner.

The French Stall @Serangoon Road


As I am no food connoisseur, so I don't know how authentic the cuisines are. Therefore, this entry is NOT a food review. I have only 2 styles of eating. If I clean out the plate, it's delicious. If you see leftover, it's not nice. Seriously, I'm not a food lover. Tempting me with food is a complete waste of time.
And this is NOT a review about The French Stall either. I'd read some negative reviews about them, their badly done food & especially about their poor service. Me, I'm used to kopi tiam(coffee shops), so I don't really expect anything amazingly fantastic from a little French style bistro operating in a non air-con shop house in Little India. Yeah, the boss is French, but he married a local & all their staffs are locals too. What do you expect? If you wanna be a snob or a nose-in-the-air gourmet, demanding pampering service & excellent food, go to a classy French restaurant where the bill will be 5 times that of The French Stall. To be honest, I'd eaten at The French Stall a couple of times & I'd no complain about their food or service.

Even with the bad reviews, The French Stall remain popular with many food lovers & we planned to be there early, to avoid the crowd. Hence, we arrived at about 6.30pm.

@The French Stall


The first thing I'd noticed on the table after we were seated was their cute little candle holder. xD

Cutie Penguins! =P


After placing the order for food, I went around camhogging & Nath wanna a pic of their Coca-Cola display as she's a fan of Coke.

Posing @The French Stall


The food arrived! First, the yummy starter & appetizer.

Pan Fried Foie Gras, Chicken Liver Pâté, Leeks with Vinaigrette Dressing & French Onion Soup.


Followed by the sumptuous main course & I love...

Sirloin Steak!


And I like my steak medium rare, juicy & succulent.

Carnivore Hamster! xD


Nath tried the Pan Fried Salmon.

Salmon swimming in veggies & sauce.


The guys ordered Dory Fish.

Dory Fish with Mashed Potato


Then came the mouth-watering desserts.

Dark Chocolate Cake, Crème Caramel, Honey Cheese Cake & Tiramisu.

Delicious Pretty Desserts


You got to try their Tiramisu. To me, The French Stall makes 1 of the best Tiramisu I'd ever tasted. It's Heavenly! =D
Once again, The French Stall did not disappoint me. So, I left some nice remarks on their feedback slip.

Viva The French Stall! xD

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:09:00 AM, Anonymous Uno said...

wow, perfect and magnific! ... both the food and you, always! kiss ;)
Uno

 
At Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:06:00 AM, Anonymous Keith said...

Not sure I fancy the starters much, except for the tasty looking bread. Ok so I'm not very adventurous with food. I think you had the most appealing main course there, and the chips looked yummy. As for dessert, I think I'll have the honey cheesecake if you please. Maybe I could nab that piece Nath's holding for the picture - but I wouldn't want to get on the wrong end of her karate technique. Probably not a good idea to try and separate a girl from her cheesecake.

 
At Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:13:00 AM, Anonymous SingingCoconut said...

So fast? LOL Yes! We all had a very good time and I'm so going to do a food review on this ;)

 
At Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now wish I could try the place myself - it sounds like the kind of restaurant Lori and I like. :) I can't imagine what the critics would say of our favourite place - they have a barrel of peanuts. You scoop out a basketful, take it to your table, and munch on them until your food arrives ... and they let you throw the peanut shells on the floor! :) One night this cute little girl - she must have been about 3 - was carefully stomping on each and every peanut shell, to make sure they were broken. :) I threw a peanut down for her, so she'd have a new shell to squash - she gave me *such* a look! Then, she wouldn't step on it until her mother told her it was OK!! :) :) Lori was laughing at me, and so was Deanna. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home