Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Mascot Parade

Saturday, 27th June 2009 ~ Went down to Ngee Ann City, a big shopping mall to view the Mascot Parade which was organized by SHINE. Reached the venue by 3 in the hot afternoon.

Me is Hengbok Mascot! xD


I dunno how you define mascot, but I guess anything & everything goes. Characters from many types of shows ~ anime, cartoons, old Japanese monster movies, sci-fi movies, children shows & so on.

Posing Mascots


With so many colorful, prominent & fascinating characters around, so many photo opportunities! xD

Japanese Hero & Monsters

More Japanese Monsters


And jumping from old Japanese movies to futuristic Star Wars!

May The Force Be With You!



Ain't that little Darth Vader cute? xD
And I dunno how that Ultraman was captured by StormTroopers. Guess he was no match for the evil empire. LOL! xD

There's a stage which featured some dance, fashion shows & demonstrations, but I wasn't paying much attention to them as there were too many distractions offstage.

Happenings on stage


I believe the bottom pic in my above foto is of a Muay Thai demonstration, a form of boxing, Thai style. Anyway, the characters offstage are much more interesting. xD

Greenie & Mousie with a little hamster me! xD

Orange Hair, Purple Dinosaur & Tiger


While I wasn't paying attention, I was kidnapped & tortured by Joker. Requested help from Ironman & Batman, but to no avail. I suspect they all belong to the same gang... waiting for their turn to abuse me! xD

The Marvel Gang


Luckily, sexy Cat Woman was around & rescued me. xD

Hamster Girl & Cat Woman


At the event, I was asked many times to pose for picture by many people. Do I look like a mascot to you? Hengbok Mascot? LOL! =P
Was posing for a pretty girl when King Kong chased her off & tried to grab a piece of me! HELP!!!

The Beauty & The Beast


Was again rescued, this time by 2 gorgeous Transformer Girls.

Transformers never look so good! xD


So dangerous was the situation that I'd to engaged bodyguards.

My SWAT Team! xD


It was well that I'd bodyguards coz as the afternoon was hot & temper flared easily. Saw a passer-by being assaulted by a gang of normally nice & cute mascot. Guess he must had gone too far, poking fun at the mascots in their heavy, hot & steaming costumes. xD

Mascot Rampage!


Alright, the above is just a joke. The real story is, this guy was going around fanatically trying to take pics with every mascot around. Most of the poses he asked from them were to abuse him. Don't ask me why he did that for. For all I know, he might like S&M. LOL! =P
In such events, there's another kind of rampage. The Otaku photographer horde. Their locust-like swarming are always triggered by the present of pretty girls, especially onstage. There would inevitable be an onslaught of every kind of cameras, all pointing their lens toward the target. Cellphone, iPhone, point & shoot, DSLR with long super telephoto lens. I just couldn't understand the need of a 300mm lens when the subject is less than 3m away. Maybe they want pics of her nostril hair?!? LOL! xD

Pretty girls & the Otaku Swarm =P


Actually I don't mind the photographers swarm. Well, as my soulmate, a former pro-photographer, used to said, it's sort of a compliment to pretty girls, no? At such events, after putting so much effort into your costume, dressing up with all the works, if only your friends want to take your picture, but no one else want to, won't that be an entire waste of effort & doesn't it indicate one thing? How many times or how many photographers want a girl's pic is the indication of how pretty a girl is. And that's the fact of life!

2 pretty & very popular mascots


Note: More & bigger pics can be view in my album.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Thursday, July 02, 2009 11:19:00 AM, Anonymous letes said...

hey, did you have good luck if you go to places where people are entertained by their idols wear ... I liked the pictures with Vader and soldiers, and then the other costumes are very good ... I hope one day to travel to your country and go to an event like that. Greetings from Chile to you Niki

 
At Friday, July 03, 2009 8:38:00 AM, Anonymous Keith said...

What a lovely fun-filled report Nikita! Classic Hengbok, and you look fabulous! That's a new outfit I think. A lovely combination of items, including a really cute miniskirt. Never seen one held up by braces before! I like the tie-shirt also. And look - socks in two colours! You just couldn't decide which pair to go for, so you had one of each huh? Ha ha - I'm just teasing. I love all these playful creative elements in your dressing. You're a charming mix of sexiness and sunshine - just right for this event. Your little dice bag is so cute too!

Hey, that picture of Hamster Girl and Cat Woman - I'm not sure which one of them is purring with more satisfaction. You for being rescued by such a lithe feline beauty, or her for having won the gratitude of such a delectable hamstery damsel. Oh, and then there's the transformer girls! Yeah, I don't remember Transformers ever looking as good as that either! They look like models to me; and for once the fabulous trademark Hengbok midriff has a bit of competition. I think maybe it was too hot for them to wear those klunking great helmets. But with looks like that, do you see me complaining?

But my favourite photo here is the very first (not in your Flickr stream yet, but I hope it'll show up soon). It doesn't show all of your outfit, but you look so darned cute and loveable with that smile and pose. Smiley Hengbok Mascot certainly gets my vote! Wish I could buy one, but I don't think any of our local shops deal in such exotic Singapore goods. :(

I'm looking forward to commenting on your other recent post soon Nikita. I was busy with something lately, so wasn't able to give it the attention it deserves, but it's great to see your blog so active. And by the way, it's dead hot here in the UK too - which for me is not at all welcome! Made me woozy in the head today. What can I say, I'm not a sun person…

 
At Saturday, July 04, 2009 4:30:00 PM, Blogger Thai Namtip and Boom said...

....AAAAHHHH!!!!
I wanna be there with you Nikiiiii!!!
:-)
Namtip

 
At Tuesday, July 14, 2009 4:09:00 AM, Blogger brutalturtle.blogspot.com said...

Hey just dropping by from soompi. I will admit the picture with batman, joker, and ironman was pretty damn cool. Those costumes are too good. Anyway cool blog keep it up k?

-kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home