Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Gathering@Asia

7th June 2009 ~ Was invited to an event, The Gathering@Asia, organized by a friend who had just opened a new shop at Central. It's a shop dealing mostly with anime cosplaying merchandises, costumes, props & such. If you are into cosplaying or wanna make it a hobby, I recommend you to go take a look at his shop: Cos'tasia, #02-05, Central.

Event Posters


So on Sunday, I went down to Central to show support. It was a smallish event with a mixture of Jpop, hair-styling demo, video gaming & a game characters cos-play competition organized by VGL.

Event Stage & audience


There are some booths there too. One of those that interest me is display of miniature figures sculpted by students of Egg Story Digital Arts School. If you fantasized yourself as an anime, fantasy or sci-fi character, but can't do it in real, sign up for their course & soon you will be conquering the universe! Make your dreams come true, only in 3D animation or miniature models, of course! xD

Sexy Warrior Girls!


Another display that piqued my curiosity is a booth which had a table display of miniature trees. No, not Bonsai, but handcrafted, painted mini trees made from metal wires, plastic, clay or dried foliage. They are mainly used in architectural model building, but also can be used for making a diorama for your dolls or mini figurines. According to my soulmate who had done these sort of things in hobby & commercially, those cute little trees are very well made. The man behind those artistic mini trees called himself 'Tree Wizard'. If you need miniature trees, here's your man ~ Contact: 9474 3005.

Mini trees which won't die on you. xD


While I was browsing the booths, there is a duo from a rock band known as Helven storming away on their electric guitars.

Rock & Roll from white plastic chairs. xD


After the band exited, come on the hair-styling demo which is more gear towards anime cos-playing hairdos.

Hairy Plays


Next in line for the limelight is the game character cos-play competition. I managed to have a pic taken with a participant. In my opinion, she's the best among the contestants... just my opinion, of course. xD

Elven Princess


The stage is set, the cameras are rolling & the judges are ready...

Contest Judges


Drum rolls... presenting some of the contestants... erm, I dunno what the characters were, so please pardon me... xD

'Cloud' on stage

EyeBall-ing the MCs. xD


I left the event before the closing, but before that, I managed to grabbed a pic with the 2 gorgeous MCs whom I knew from a previous event, also held at the same venue.

Beauties of the show, Calista, me & Reiko.


And also 2 pretty showgirls whom I recommended to the event organizers. One of them is my friend's sister & the other, her ex-classmate. Don't they look cute in their anime costumes? xD

ShowGirls Peggy, Michelle & me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:46:00 AM, Anonymous Keith said...

Hey Nikita, maybe you'll show us your friend's new shop sometime? I've never seen a cosplay shop before and it sounds like it might be interesting. Your Elven Princess looked good and I liked the decorative winged staff. Oh, good ears too! Pity you didn't stick around long enough to see who won. As for the 'Beauties of the show' photo, I'm voting for the one in the middle! Ok I know that wasn't a competition but I'm voting anyway. She has that extra hamstery something. :)

You mentioned that you knew the MCs from a previous event, and I reckon it must have been the Central "Go Japan" Matsuri Festival you reported on last October, at which you looked so stunning in your highly memorable Navy outfit. You mentioned Reiko there, and I think I recognize Calista in the 'Cute event MCs' photo for example.

I hope you'll put some of these new photos on Flickr, and maybe extra ones too. Would be nice to get a better look at you in that outfit. The stripy buttoned socks are cute with those boots! The model pics were worth a closer look too (sculptures and trees). Trust you to include a pic of sexy warrior girls, ha ha!

 
At Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

 
At Saturday, June 27, 2009 11:08:00 AM, Blogger letes77 said...

because the truth is that this girl Michelle is very attractive too. But you do not make me jealous okay?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home