Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Yobi, The Five Tailed Fox

I'm not very much into Japanese anime except some & needlessly said, I'm not well informed about Korean anime. Love fantasy stories. So when I saw a DVD of a Korean fantasy anime titled 'Yobi, The Five Tailed Fox' in a video shop, me got intrigued. Before Yobi, I'd only watch one Korean anime, 'Wonderful Days' which I like very much. Since the Yobi DVD cost only $12 anyway, thought I try my luck with Korean anime again & boy, am I so glad that I bought it... It's truly worth it! ^.^

Yobi, The Five Tailed Fox DVD cover


Alright... I'm slow on this... almost by a year! Yobi was released in May 2007, but who cares. I'm glad I discovered it as I enjoyed it tremendously... actually mesmerized by it is more like it. xD

Screen shots from Yobi, The Five Tailed Fox:





Trailer:


Certain things in the movie made no sense to me, but those doesn't make me enjoyed it any lesser. I believe those are mainly based on Korean myths & Korean audiences will have no trouble with them. Don't ask me what's an UFO & ETs are doing in a fantasy story. Couldn't be bothered as long as the story is beautiful & animations/CGI are well done. The animations/CGI in Yobi are comparable to some Studio Ghibli's productions which I'm a fan of. At the very least, IMHO, Yobi is something which beats Disney anytime.

Story line & review: http://twitchfilm.net/archives/010279.html

After watching this anime, I'm in love with Yobi especially when she's in the form of the five tails white fox. She is so adorable! So cute! Anywhere selling a soft toy of her? I'm so wanting one now! xD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home