Sunday, December 23, 2007

Kallang Ice World

It's near X'mas, right? That conjure up images of winter, snow & frozen rivers & lakes. Ice skating time! No winter, frozen river or lake in hot & humid Singapore? No problem! Go to the new Kallang Ice World! So on Saturday(22nd Dec), I went to ice-skate with a couple of friends at Kallang Ice World. This is the new ice rink located at Leisure Park Kallang. Leisure Park Kallang was formerly known as Kallang Leisure Dome which was torn down & rebuild. The old place had an ice rink where I used to skate alot in my secondary school days. That's when I took up this cool icy hobby. After Kallang Leisure Dome was torn down, there's no place near where I could ice-skate, except Jurong which is very far out-of-the-way for me. When the new ice rink open, I was so excited about it. Finally, somewhere near where I can go ice-skating again! Happy happy so happy! xD

Leisure Park Kallang

Kallang Ice World


Entry fees are as follows: *Pls click on image to enlarge


For me, I just have to pay for the entry fee as I have my own skate & gloves. If you just wanna go in with your friends & view only, it's S$3.00. The new rink is bigger than the old one with better seats for viewers. Ice-skating doesn't seem to be a popular activity here. Was surprised that it was quite crowded. Maybe due to the fact that the place is new. Lots of people were skating, more like gingerly threading on ice or falling down or butts skating, but they seem to be enjoying themselves despite embarrass looks after comical falls.

The ice rink


Skates on & in we went for some ice-butt-skating. Among all those cold weather clothing which nearly everyone worn, I look out-of-place with my skimpy tropical wear. I love the cold! Hate hot & humid as I tend to perspire alot easily! I'm a cutie polar bear... eh... polar hamster? =P

Polar Hamster!

Helping friends on ice


Always had difficulties in finding friends to go ice-skating with me. Most are not interested or simply afraid of embarrassing themselves. Many people always say words like, "Live life to the max!" or "Try everything!", but seem that almost all just can't do it when it comes to putting words into action. Thankfully this time round, there're a few new friends who dare to try ice-skating & I'm grateful for their company. =)

With some cool friends on ice


Simply love to ice-skate! Will be going back for more! Since my favorite gashapon/anime shop, Latendo, had moved to the same building, I can enjoy my 2 favorite hobbies, ice-skating & browsing for gashapon/figures at the same location. Anyone wanna join me in the future? xD

RevolTech Rei bought from Latendo @ Leisure Park Kallang

5 Comments:

At Thursday, January 03, 2008 9:43:00 PM, Blogger Laurens said...

the revoltech rei is a gr8 buy

 
At Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,
since you had your own skates, i just wanted to ask if you know how much it costs to sharpen the blades and where can i get them done in singapore?

thanks. =)

 
At Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Nikita Hengbok said...

Hi there,

Sharpening of ice-skate blades should be available at the ice-skate sport shop in the mall. I'm not sure about the price thou. It used to be around 5 ~ 10 bucks.

 
At Monday, January 28, 2008 4:49:00 PM, Blogger NickyD said...

Talking abt finding ppl to go ice skating with haha i msg 40 student friends earlier today most have classes and stuff... haha but i just wanna go skating tomorrow heehee so tomorrow is just couz and me.

 
At Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:09:00 AM, Anonymous adin said...

very cool..and your outfit is much cooler.. =) I also wanna try ice skating..maybe this weekend..but i may be one of those who fall on their butts..haha..but as long as it's fun, i'm going for it..i hope to see u when i get there and get some really good tips how to do it..

God bless. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home