Friday, March 23, 2007

Batty Encounter



A few days ago, while I was chatting with friends, the subject of bats came up. Told them I had been traumatized by a bat before.
A few years ago, a bat wandered into my house.
Was sleeping like a piggy and didn't know what happen till my mummy screamed. Open my eyes in shock to see... it's a... it's a...
It's a bird! It's a plane! Oh shit!
It's a BAT flapping happily above my bed!
Visions of Dracula and blood-thirsty vampires flashed thought my mind from watching too much horror flicks.
I'm just a little girl. Too young to die!
Go away! I'm ugly! I'm unworthy!
Go find a prettier girl!
Pleading while hiding under my blanket.
After a zillion years (well, it seemed that long to me!), bat landed on the curtain rail. I jumped out of bed and fled out of room in record time.
Though I was safe, but NO!!!
That evil bat had to follow me out of my room!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh...........!!!!
Ran panicky around the house screaming all the way.
Why me? Why me? I ain't no pretty fair-skin maiden!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh...........!!!!
All this while, my mum was trying to drive the bat out of the house.
Bat chased me, mum chased bat.
Round and merry go round we go.
A scene right out of comedy, but I don't think it's funny at that time! After another zillion years, it landed on our wall clock.
A photo opportunity presented itself and I had always love to take pic.
Despite my fear, I perked up temporary courage to take a photo of it.
It must have hate photography coz it started chasing me again and the merry go round was repeated.
Till today, I can't recalled what really happened at the end of the whole saga. Think I was so frighten out of my wits that I had amnesia about the last part of the incident.
No bats & no more horror movie for me! If Batman is to show up now, think I will freak out and faint right away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home